Monday, January 09, 2006

Russian Trawler and Frieghter Transhipping

This is a photo I took while I was an international fisheries observer working/living aboard Russian Factory freezers. Although this was a year after the fall of communism they stacks still showed the red, yellow, black of the Soviet Union, although they flew the new flag of the Russian Confederation. I'm standing on one of the after houses, looking forward on the factory freezer. I think the boat was named 'Luga', from Lativia. The freighter beside it is where they offload all the frozen product they've caught over the last few months. It also brings mail and much needed (although meager) supplies. The whole process takes about two days and it's a good break for most of the crew....and myself. Posted by Picasa

No comments: